The PA Secure Steering Group meets biannually to receive updates and make important strategic decisions for the work in this policy area. This meeting, organised in Riga, in connection with the Baltic Leadership Program (BLP) in Civil Protection Alumni outreach event and conference: ‘Societal security in the Baltic Sea Region – Challenges and Solutions’ had participants from Denmark, Germany, Finland, Latvia, Norway, and Sweden.
The Steering Group meeting agenda included discussions on:
• The Action Plan on Enhanced Cooperation within the EUSBSR Policy Area Secure, with declarations from the Member States, in attendance, on the leadership and support in strategic actions.
• Monitoring and Evaluation of the Policy Area.
• The Policy-Area Coordinators planning with HA Capacity for a Capacity Building Workshop for the PA Secure Steering Group.
• Reports from the Members States on their work related to PA Secure.
• Potential contributions to the 10th EUSBSR Annual Forum in Gdańsk, 12 – 13 June 2019, and/or the BSR Youth Camp in Gdańsk, 8 – 11 June 2019.
The Steering Group also listened to presentations on the INTERREG project platform funding project ResQU2 by Kirsi Laitio, from the University of Turku as well as a mobile application for Emergency Calls for disabled people, by Mr. Armins Kalnins, from SASAP Ltd.
Additionally, the Steering Group received updates on finalized and on-going progress in projects/processes related to PA Secure issues, including:
• Updates from Troika (LV, DK and LI) on the work with the Baltic Leadership Programme (BLP), and follow up from BLP Alumni Conference in Riga, 26 – 27 November 2018
• Community Safety Action for Climate Adaptation and Development (CASCADE)
• Strengthening the Transnational Capacity of the Management of CBRNE agents related Emergencies (STAC-CBRNE)
• BSR Research Network on Societal Security (BSR-RNSS)
• Fire and Rescue Innovation Network (FIRE-IN)
• BALEX DELTA 2018
• European Forum on Disaster Risk Reduction (EFDRR), 21 – 23 November 2018
The Steering Group agreed to send updated Member State declarations. They also asked the coordinators to continue working on the concept for the capacity building workshop to be presented in February 2019 during the CPN Senior Experts meeting. The coordinators were also asked to continue the development of monitoring and evaluation of the policy area.